it can be hard to talk about sexual difficulties.
How do I improve my sex drive?
Why doesn’t my partner want sex anymore?
What’s wrong with my body?
I’m here to help answer your concerns.
Talking about sex and physical intimacy is an important part of all Relationship Counselling but I am also a quafied Psychosexual Therapist and member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists. This means I see clients specifically with Psychosexual difficulties who are seeking specific help in this specialised area.
It can be difficult to know where to start when seeking help for a sexual issue. Many people feel ashamed of their sexual difficulties, or worry about being judged. Other people may feel embarrassed about not knowing the right words for things, or what is ‘normal’.
I work from a sex positive perspective, where I celebrate everyone’s personal choice to have the sex life that they would like to have. For some people, this may be having very little sex or no sex at all, and for other it may be seeking sexual intimacy in new ways. Everyone is different, and there is no right or wrong way to have a sex life. It is your right to choose.
I am based in Hampshire but offer online couple counselling, relationship therapy and coaching throughout the UK.
Find out more Elinor Harvey here
What issues do I work with?
- Worries around desire or a discrepancy between high/low sexual interest levels
- Rapid or delayed ejaculation
- Pain during penetration
- Finding it difficult to become aroused or lubricated
- Loss of erections
- Reducing anxiety around sex
- Questions or worries around sexual orientation
- Historical sexual abuse or assault
- Birth trauma and post natal healing
- Worries about sexual fantasy and/or kinks
- Exploring gender diversity issues, including supporting non binary and trans clients throughout their personal journeys
- Religious and cultural messages around sex
- Open and non monogamous relationships
- Polyamory and multiple partner relationships
- Voluntary and involuntary celibacy
- Sexual problems due to cultural, socio-economic or political factors
- The impact of disability, mental health problems or medication on sex
- Exploring asexuality
- Porn issues
Real relationship change
Some reviews from happy couples
Mr and Mrs O
“We found the sessions really beneficial and it has helped us navigate our differences in a much more constructive way. Thanks for all the help! If anyone we knew asked about couples therapy, we would recommend Elinor without hesitation.“
“I found the sessions invaluable, such a weight lifted each week and really appreciated the insights and different ways of thinking through issues.”
WHY WORK WITH ME?
I know there are alot of therapists and coaches out there. Here’s what sets me apart.
I am a qualified Relationship and Psychosexual Therapist, the result of over 9 years of study.
15+ years of experience
I’ve been working in therapy and mental health my whole career. I understand people.
I believe in you
I’m passionate about our ability to adapt and thrive, no matter what life throws at us.
A pragmatic, human approach
I’m warm and an excellent listener. But I’m not going to sit there silently. I’m here to empower and help you reach your goals.
Excellent Client Satisfaction
97% of my clients felt our work helped them with their difficulties.
Processing the past
My therapy training means I can support you with your past difficulties or trauma as well as helping you reach your future goals.